Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> It's also clear at least to me that they don't want any input or
> rather interference in matters technical either (at least learn
> from our mistakes!), at least till the current merger is done by
> which time its too late to align some of the efforts with ongoing
> work in ws land.

I would expect the other Mentors to show the rest of the community how to
behave, which means evaluating the technical merits of the proposal.
Everyone has a right to contribute, and the community has a right to decide
what to do with the contributions.  The project is here to incubate.  We
shouldn't expect them to do the right things right away, and should show
them how.  And if we can't demonstrate the right behavior, we can't expect
them to do so, either.  So it starts with us, and with our own community.

> I'm completely baffled by the definition of community too.
> Apparently its ok to get folks inolved who have made zero
> contributions to either codebase BUT wrong to inolve people
> whose code you want to use (as mentioned in the proposal
> wss4j/xmlschema/neeti).

Again, we can't expect them to behave like a proper community without
guidance.

        --- Noel