Jason van Zyl wrote:

> I think starting with the mentors is the wisest choice as at that
> point any committers can be brought aboard if deemed fit.

My view of that should be quite clear by now.  :-)

> I was also confused about this as I heard one thing from Noel and
> one thing from Jim

Can you elaborate so that we can clarify and make sure that we have a
consensus?

> the mentors deciding seems sensible as projects can be dealt with on a
> case by case basis.

Agreed.  The Mentors are PMC members.  And the rest of the PMC can be as
involved as any PMC member wants to be involved.

> I don't believe committers should automatically be made (P)PMC members
> as to me it's a different level of understanding and commitment.

Yes, although there are benefits to making people PPMC members as soon as
you feel that they can be trusted with confidentiality.  After all, they do
NOT gain binding votes in the PPMC, since those are exclusively held by PMC
members.

        --- Noel