On 10/1/06, Noel J. Bergman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I am pretty philosophically against making every committer PPMC
members.

> I don't agree at all.  If they contribute code, they merit a say in the
> direction of the project.  To do otherwise is to exclude them from the
> community.  Remember that only folks on the PPMC have a vote: a
committer
> does not have any say or vote in the project at all.

Are you reading Dan's statement as independent or dependent upon time?  I
read it as an objection to mandated concurrency.  Over time, your view
should be the dominant one, as each Committer becomes a (P)PMC member.

My comment was in reply to the entirety of Dan's comment (which you
snipped).

But, as for the one line that you retained: I view Dan's perspective as
being independent of time - that is, committers should never equal the PMC -
I view that as extremely unhealthy.  Placing qualities besides what they
contribute as qualifications to PMC status is to miss the point - if you
contribute to the project, you get a vote.  -- justin