On 11/4/06, Craig L Russell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I notice that the current JIRA "attach file" form does not default
anything, and requires the submitter to choose explicitly the
copyright status for the submission. (I think this is a change from
previous behavior, and if so, a very welcome change).

So it's now very clear that the user must choose whether the
submission is intended as a contribution.

As far as I'm concerned, this issue is now resolved. If a JIRA
submission is marked as "Attachment not intended for inclusion" it
should not be used.

I'm still confused - why do we allow people to upload attachments that
are not intended for inclusion?

I can see one very reasonable reason from a user point of view - the
example they want to upload is business related and so they want to do
their best to explain the problem to us, but not to have us publish
those details any further. However that reason doesn't hold up as it's
public if it's in our JIRA and if we don't know the license on it,
then can we even use it to resolve the issue?

What makes an attachment special? Why don't we have to do this for
comments and the jira issue itself?

Not seeing why we don't just say:  "All issues + attachments are
intended for inclusion".

Hen