On Dec 7, 2006, at 3:00 PM, Dan Diephouse wrote:

On 12/7/06, Daniel Kulp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I would say for now we just remove that jar if it's needed. However, how
did
the servicemix and other projects votes pass if it's a requirement? Is
this
another "new requirement in the middle of a vote" thing?

*wonders the same thing*

Additionally, I just realized there are some projects too that have been publishing Maven builds that haven't been approved. Most recently Abdera did this [1][2]. They voted for the release of their binaries, but not their maven artifacts which they created/deployed post vote as I understand it (sorry to cause trouble Abdera folks, I was the one pushing for those builds
too!).

FYI, traditionally, all release votes are for the source code package and only that package. Once the source code version is set in stone, binaries
and assorted other release artifacts can be generated by individual
committers without a vote if the group trusts them to do so and they
have a signed key. Some groups might require a vote on binaries as well,
but the ASF only requires a vote on the source.

....Roy