On Mar 13, 2007, at 6:53 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

On Mar 13, 2007, at 3:46 PM, robert burrell donkin wrote:
the source and binary kernel releases look identical

zip errors in jars unpackaged from kernel-2.0-alpha-incubating.zip:
* core/src/test/resources/deployables/sample-calculator.jar
* core/src/test/resources/repository/sample-calculator.jar

has there been some sort of mix up?

There was. When I uploaded the src archives to the staging area I left -src out of the name and then started the vote thread with links in it. Luciano pointed this out but rather than rename the files and break the links I just hard linked them on the website. There is no binary distro for the kernel there as it is basically just a set of libraries - the binary versions are meant to be distributed through the Maven repo. I will remove the misnamed files.

The two jars you mentioned are just used during testing and I don't believe the test actually unpacks them at all. I used "zip -rlq" to create the zip on OSX so the LF->CRLF conversion may have corrupted them (but if we don't unpack them during the build that would not have been caught). I will redo the zip file using export --native- eol and zip without the -l.

Sorry for the confusion.

I have done this and there is a new version of the kernel source zip here: http://people.apache.org/~jboynes/kernel-2.0-alpha-incubating/ kernel-2.0-alpha-incubating-src.zip

Thanks
--