Interested in what other views are there.

My view:

* Not mirroring tar.gz releases is dumb. Infra aren't worried about
the bandwidth and it's pointless to not put things on mirrors.
* Pulling releases because something didn't graduate is bad.
* Having a separate maven repository so that things don't go to maven
central is just a hamstring on the products and yet another repository
to be concerned with.

Hen