ONE: Should Incubator tarballs go in the normal place (and thus mirrors).

[X] +1
[ ] -1

TWO: Should there be an Incubator maven repository.

[ ] +1
[X] -1

On Mar 15, 2007, at 6:49 PM, Craig McClanahan wrote:
If we accept this argument, then we naturally need a place where the
incubating "releases" can be retrieved from; hence, the m2-incubating
repository.  If we do not accept this argument, then AFAICT we are
basically making the "incubating projects cannot do releases" policy
inoperative.

Podlings cannot do Releases because they are not Projects established by the Board. However, the artifacts produced by them are voted on and approved by the Incubator PMC and hence are official Releases by the Incubator Project and hence by the ASF. This is essential if the artifacts and their authors are to receive any legal protection though being product of or actions by the Foundation.

As these are official Releases by the Incubator Project then I think they should go through the normal distribution channels as used by other TLPs. There are already enough indicators for users that these are incubating work (distribution location, file name, prominent disclaimer in content and on website).

--
Jeremy