William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
Martijn Dashorst wrote:
Also, the whole idea of the Incubator is to
withhold releases from the general public.

Just to clarify - I don't think 'withhold' is a good description.
Release - but with no specific expectation of persistence at the
ASF is probably a better description.  E.g. "here's code" is fine,
"here's a community" would be premature.  Public releases of all
of our incubating projects IS goodness if it attracts more people
to the incubating communities, and increases their chances for a
successful graduation and project lifespan.

+1. Doing releases to attract new contributors is essential to podlings who need to build a diverse developer community to exit the incubator. Wicket doesn't have that issue :-)

--Thilo