On Apr 24, 2007, at 12:46 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

On 24/04/07, Noel J. Bergman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> the creation and maintenance of open-source software related to
> enterprise application and remoting services, for distribution at
> no charge to the public.

A bit generic for a project that is intended to managing an implementation
of a well-defined specification?

I think it's accurate - it doesn't implement the entire EJB spec
(using other components such as OpenJPA to do so), and it would be in
scope to do additional, non-EJB things that make it better at the
purpose stated here.

We could use "Scalable, transactional, and multi-user secure architecture for the development and deployment of component-based business applications", but that'd be plagiarism as that's a minimally paraphrased version the definition of EJB in the JSR.

Generally, I think it's good to use words that describe EJB then the words Enterprise JavaBeans specifically. Primarily because I think it's good to be able to innovate in the space and not limit ourselves to the ideas approved by the EJB JSR Expert Group.

-David