On 6/7/07, James Strachan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/7/07, Paul Fremantle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Maybe we should create a set of APIs that offer genuinely open access
> to messaging systems on .NET, Java, C, C# etc. Of course if Sun wished
> to offer us the JMS API under an unencumbered license we could do
> that, otherwise we could start from scratch.
>
> This Apache Messaging API could then be freely implementable under
> AL2.0 license rules without having to worry about this sort of IP

FWIW this is why we created NMS for .Net and CMS for C++ along with
APIs for Ruby, Python, Perl, PHP, Smalltalk and yes, even Flash as
well. Though clearly we need clarifiation on whether reading the JMS
specification 8 years ago (among using heaps of other similar APIs)
rules you out of being able to create a messaging API ever again :)

sounds like some more process would be useful. we need to understand
and record how and who devised the API since it will necessarily be
similar to many other MOM APIs.

- robert