> Cool :) So should we have a vote on ode-dev then?

<<shrug>>

Sometimes I think that we get a bit vote happy.  Is this really something
that is in need of a vote?  E.g., is this a policy decision, karma grant or
code release?  Does being a Mentor grant any special powers/rights?  Is it
really just a term for a PMC Member who is actively engaged in the mutual
act of mentoring the community?

Now, let us say that you have a vote.  The result is 6 to 4.  Majority, even
60%.  But I'd hardly consider that a consensus.  On the other hand, if there
is a clear consensus, do we always need to explicitly count it?

Consider: do we need to vote for a release manager?  The answer is no, by
the way.  We vote for a release, though.  We require a community decision on
the release, in large measure to protect individuals.

        --- Noel