On 7/18/07, Xavier Hanin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 7/17/07, robert burrell donkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>

i prefer source distributions to unpack to a different directory
> (apache-ivy-1.2.3-src, say) from the binary distribution. there is an
> alternative school of thought but this means that unpacking over the
> top needs to form a harmonious overlay.

It sounds like a good idea. We'll discuss that further on [EMAIL PROTECTED],
feel free to join if you want to defend your opinion :-)

roy feels the opposite and argues strongly for the overlay theory.
searching this list will probably give a good summary of the opposing
arguments. that should give a good starting point for the
discussion...

- robert