July 20 2007 - The Ivy incubator project is please to announce its
2.0.0 alpha 2 release, a new step on the road toward 2.0 final.

Ivy is a tool for managing (recording, tracking, resolving and
reporting) project dependencies, characterized by flexibility,
configurability, and tight integration with Apache Ant.

This second release of Ivy in the Apache incubator is still an alpha
version, and as such we do not guarantee any stability, especially
of the API, until the final 2.0.0 version ships.  In practise, the
ant tasks and core functionality do appear to be working, to the extent
that the new version can be switched in over the 1.4.1 release.

Key features of the 2.0.0-alpha-2 release are
* enhanced support for reading, Maven2 POM files
* cleaner code for easier developer participation
* Minor bug fixes as documented in Jira.

We encourage all users of Ivy to try this new version, so that any
remaining compatibility issues can be reported and resolved before
the product is released.

Issues should be reported to:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY

Download the 2.0.0 alpha 2 release files at:
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/download.html

More information can be found on the Ivy website:
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/

Regards,
Xavier Hanin (2.0.0-alpha-2 release mgr)