On Oct 13, 2007 12:38 PM, Noel J. Bergman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would like to see the legal stuff resolved first.  I don't believe that we
> should release a project with existing copyright issues.  If this were to
> mean that stdcxx graduation would wait until November's Board meeting, I'd
> be comfortable with that.  How extensive is the issue, and how long will it
> take to complete?

It's not a 'copyright issue' per se (as all the paperwork is in
place), but rather ensuring the license headers follow the currently
recommended template.  Many of our other projects don't follow the
templates - and, yes, this will be a blocker for a release - but I
don't think it needs to hold up graduation.

> My second is simply a question about diversity.  How diverse is the
> community at this time?  I did not see any discussion of that in the voting
> thread.

Besides OtherBill and myself, the core of the community is from two
organizations with RogueWave still being predominate.  There has been
discussions between stdcxx and Tuscany folks about collaborating in
the past - so there is dialogue and receptiveness to new contributors
and organizations.  However, I don't think anything came out of the
Tuscany discussions though.  I think (and hope OtherBill agrees) that
the community is managing itself properly and is open to new
contributors.  I don't see what more stdcxx can learn from the
Incubator.

Like OtherBill, I'll stick around stdcxx for a while to ensure things
go smoothly.  -- justin