On Nov 23, 2007 9:10 AM, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Nov 22, 2007 7:09 PM, Niall Pemberton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Ask people to self nominate....

> That sounds reasonable but is it ok to do that? Its quite hard to remove a
> committer from a real Apache project, are incubating committers different
> and its ok to just ask who wants to be included at graduation?

I think "incubating committers" are (or can be) different: someone
might think that an incubating project sounds cool, and ask to join
the list of initial committers, but then not find time to contribute.
Or someone might be put on the list of committers as their company is
incubating a project, but not "get" the way our projects work.

I think it is fair to give such people a way out, if possible without
having to use "kick them out" votes. Self-nomination, under the eyes
of the mentors and of a community that is ready to graduate, is
probably the best way, and it's easy to implement.

-Bertrand