There are several problems with the NOTICE and LICENSE files.

The NOTICE file should only pertain to artefacts actually included in
distribution; it should not have any details of transitive
dependencies. So the "/uses" text should be removed.

The line

This product includes/uses software(s) developed by 'an unknown organization'

is rather unhelpful; there are 3 organisations involved and the NOTICE
should mention these separately and by their proper names.

There are also multiple additional mentions of 'Apache Software
Foundation'; some of these give http://jakarta.apache.org/ as the ASF
web address, which is clearly wrong. None of the additional mentions
should be present - they just make the file difficult to read.

The LICENSE file needs to contain copies of all the 3rd party
licenses, or at least pointers to them, see:

http://www.apache.org/dev/apply-license.html#new

It should list the exact jars to which the 3rd party licenses apply, e.g.

jdom-1.0.jar - see licenses/jdom.txt

Having the version number is important as the license may change for
different versions.

On 30/01/2008, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The policy page says:
>
> "Therefore, should a Podling decide it wishes to perform a release, the
> Podling SHALL hold a vote on the Podling's public -dev list. At least three
> +1 votes are required (see the Apache Voting Process page), and only the
> PPMC member votes are binding. If the majority of all votes is positive,
> then the Podling SHALL send a summary of that vote to the Incubator's
> general list and formally request the Incubator PMC approve such a release.
> Three +1 Incubator PMC votes are required." -
> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases
>
> Its a separate approval vote so wouldn't that require an explicit vote? Is
> it so hard to vote over here as well?

+1