Hello,  Ahmad:

Thank you for your interesting in i18n4data.

i18n4data is an alternative to resource bundles. If one wants to shift from
resource bundles to i18n4data then he might need to move the messages from
resource bundles to a database table. At present my project is only focus on
i18n of user's data, which could not be done by resource bundles. It will be
helpful to include this transfer tool into i18n4data.

The proposal you mentioned is quite different from mine. You are thinking
about Business Application Framework, a very high level of development. The
i18n4data is only an tool to help an existing application to be in18ned.

Best regards,

Huang

On 2/2/08, Ahmad Khalifa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Neng Geng Huang wrote:
> > Currently I cannot find any sponsors for this project, so if anyone
> > reading this message would like to get on board, it will be really
> > appreciated.
>
> I am not a sponsor/mentor, but I would be interested in participating.
> I ran into this issue before, when working on this [1]. My main problem
> was how to i18n a dropdown menu.
>
> Resource Bundles did not allow you to store multiple values per key, and
> they did not have a reverse lookup, i.e. from french value to key.
>
> The solution that I was going to work on, was to move the messages from
> ResourceBundles to a database table. Is this a similar approach?
>
> [1] - Business Application Framework.
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200801.mbox/[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]
>

> Regards,
> Ahmad

Mr. Huang Neng Geng
Associate Professor
Computer Information Engineering Department
Wuxi Institute of Technology
Wuxi, Jiangsu, China, 214073
Tel: 86-510-5414627(8087)
Mobile: 13921501950
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]