Jeremy Boynes wrote:
On Feb 3, 2008, at 5:31 PM, Paul Fremantle wrote:

Meeraj, Jeremy

Please read my note again. At no point did I say or imply that BEA led
anything. The only thing I said about BEA was:
"the two companies who couldn't agree to do it together in Tuscany".

Is there anything incorrect about that statement? I'm willing to be
corrected if I'm wrong.

Paul, I was responding to the general theme. Comments on this thread have included "The BEA committers left Tuscany and created a fork elsewhere" and "BEA pulls off and starts a fork." I have heard it said elsewhere as well that BEA forked Tuscany and I just want to try and dispel that meme - if anything, Jim from BEA was more hesitant about splitting than Meeraj and I (who don't work for BEA and never have).

It wasn't the companies who couldn't agree - it was the individuals.

--
Jeremy

I agree with Jeremy and Meeraj that this was about individuals rather
than companies.  Given this, I don't see any reason to presume that
a different group of individuals from BEA and IBM wouldn't be able to work together successfully on another project.

  Simon