Another point that needs discussion and more clarification is related
to who should be counted towards diversity of a project. From [1], it
states that a podling need at least 3 legally independent committers,
but from recent comments on the QPid graduation thread [2], it seems
that only PMC members are being considered.

[1]
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Graduating+from+the+Incubator
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/general%40incubator.apache.org/msg17111.html

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Robert Greig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think this is an important topic for future incubator project groups
>  to have clarified.
>

>  > "The project is not highly dependent on any single contributor (there are
> at
>  > least 3 legally independent committers and there is no single company or
>  > entity that is vital to the success of the project)"
>
>  Perhaps the word "legally" needs to be removed since from the Qpid
>  discussion it would appear that several people do not think a strict
>  legal interpretation should apply?
>
>  However, given that the intent (as I understand it) is to avoid the
>  case where a project dies because one entity withdraws funding,
>  perhaps some definition along the lines of "for people who are paid to
>  contribute to the project, no single entity remunerates more than 50%
>  of the committers"?
>
>  Robert

Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer