Noel J. Bergman wrote:
Endre Stølsvik wrote:
Thilo Goetz wrote:
Make it absolutely clear that the diversity of the community
will be judged by the IPMC based on the overall conduct of
the project, mailing list, commit activity etc.

I'm not sure that "diversity" and "conduct" are really mapping that way.  A
non-diverse community can conduct itself properly and well, but still not be diverse.  And although
conduct is important, we do place value on demonstrated diversity, as well.  I'm afraid that we can
give you examples of where one or the other was present, but arguably not both, and we've had to
deal with the consequences later.  So we all try to learn from prior experiences, and apply that in
our current and future judgments.

My quote is a bit out of context like that.  What I meant to
convey was that it is not sufficient that there *be* diversity
(in the sense that 3 independent committers exist).  The business
of the project must be conducted by a diverse set of people.  At
least that's what I got out of the recent discussions.

--Thilo