Angela Cymbalak wrote:
Hi,

I am looking into the possibility of writing a proposal to have some code included as a podling within the Incubator project. I have been reading the Incubator Web site and I believe that I have a pretty good idea of what I would need to do if I wanted to contribute my code. The code that I have written is a photo gallery along the lines of Flickr. Instead of being written in PHP, it was written in Java. Currently, I am the only person who has worked on the code.

I was looking for an area of the Incubator Web site that would list rejected proposals. It occurs to me that a project like this may have been discussed previously and voted against. I did not see a project like this among any of the existing Apache projects; although, I did see a few suggestions for projects such as Roller to include a gallery.

Did you look at the incubator wiki?  There's list of proposals
there, most of which got accepted though:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/

I don't remember a project like yours being proposed in the
past.

--Thilo