On Apr 21, 2008, at 11:55 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
Roy T. Fielding wrote:
I've wasted too much time today on the stupid IP Clearance template
that insists on asking a bunch of irrelevant questions about
decisions that the Incubator is not responsible for making.
The required IP clearance questions should be:
   Date:
   Identify the Contribution:
   Identify the Contributor(s):
   What are the filenames for the applicable
     software grant(s):
     Corporate CLA(s):
     Individual CLA(s):
   Location of initial import:
   Destination PMC:
That's it.

One more;

     Determine www.a.o/licenses/exports implications
     for notifications.

No.  That is not part of IP clearance, sorry, and I will not repeat all
of the process associated with being a chair within something as trivial
as a secretarial function (connecting the dots between the legal paperwork
and import).  We have better places to document the role of a chair.

Robert's separation of guide and template was a good start, though my
version of the template is much smaller.  This is not a legal document.
This is, at most, a secretarial function that is being done so that
we have a place to look for dotted i's and crossed t's.

....Roy