Hi Angela,

Angela Cymbalak wrote:
There is an extremely large learning curve but everyone starts somewhere right? If you have people willing to show you the ropes (mentors) and someone who believes in the project (a champion) and the drive to see through your project, then that learning curve is made manageable.

If you feel like it, by all means go for it! Btw, the alternative
I recommended was not to start outside of Apache, but as part of
an existing project :-) No danger of having to unlearn everything.
But somebody who will write the board reports for you ;-)

I just don't have the guts to do what the JSecurity group did and outright ask to recruit a Champion on the list. I am hoping that one of the members takes an interest as I am working on things.

I'd say that you are already asking, but you are potentially
missing parts of the target audience because the subject of
your mail doesn't say so. Not every subscriber is reading
every mail that's posted to this list. If you feel like
coming to the Incubator, then you will have to search for
a Champion. Since you already have ties with Roller, maybe
you should ask here and on a Roller list.

cheers,
  Roland