Hello Roland

Thank you for the comments! It is encouraging to see that somebody
undertook an effort of reading the proposal so carefuly and giving so
many good comments!

We have started a discussion with Davanum Shrinivas from the Apache WS
community. We asked Davanum to Champion the project within Apache.
Davanum suggested that we post the proposal in the Incubator list and in
the Apache Savan development list. The idea is to create an open
discussion that would determine how and where Poloka project would be
sponsored.  I have posted the proposal in the Savan list as well.

Yeh, "Mentor" section of the proposal should be renamed. The idea here
is to separate the developers working on the code from domain experts
that are taking part in this projct. The Domain Experts are currently
consulting developers on the intent of the standards and also on the
domain of enterprise software systems from the point of view of future
users. Would renaming this section to "Domain Experts" make sense to
you?

Regarding the GPL code. Our intent is to remove all GPL dependency from
the code prior to the initial relaease. None of GPL dependencies will
remain in the list.

I agree that University Research Community and Open Source Community not
the same, but they are similar in some respect. They are simmilar
because there is constant sharing of ideas through publications, demos
and conferences. Researches working in the same field often know each
other personaly. They comment on each other work and give tips on how to
move forward. They are diffent in terms of code charing. It is not
happening a lot on the research side currently. And yes, we do not know
exactly how it is going to work in this enviroment, but we are willing
to give it a try by relasing our stuff in the open. We are interested in
making it work. Resesach progress could go so much faster if it would
really happen. We have good indicatation from our peers so far.We have a
long list of researchers that indicated that they would like to see this
stuff in the open and contribute to it.

So far PADRES code base has been developed through constant interaction
and continous integration. The codebase is open to everybody in the
project and eveyone can poetentially make changes to everybody else's
code. In fact this is happening a lot when a student is preparing to
graduate or past graduation. We expect that there will be more of that
once the project is open sourced. The students would charge ahaed
working on their ideas. This code will be visible to the community and
anybody would have ability to contribute to that direciton if it makes
sense to them. Isn't it how Apache project operate?

I think I already addressed your comment about meritocracy by describing
how the team operates. Does it make sense?

The time span a thesis development is 2-3 years. Sometimes a student
would go for a master and a doctor thesis and then it might take twice
as long. In fact Alex Cheung is one of the people like that. He has been
with the project from day one and he is still there contributing
actively.

Prof. Arno Jacobsen is conducting regular code reviews and is involved
in architecture, design, troubleshooting, evaluations, and experiments.
You are right, he is expected to commit more on the documentation side
than on the code base.

Cheers,
Serge