On 16/04/2009, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16/04/2009, Todd Volkert <tvolk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > What's the SVN tag for the release?
>  >  >
>  >  > It's useful to be able to compare the source archive with SVN to check
>  >  > if there are any missing or extraneous files.
>  >
>  >
>  > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/pivot/branches/1.1/
>  >

OK, I've now done a comparison.

The SVN branch contains lots of .settings directories which are
Eclipse-specific; these aren't normally added to SVN as they tend to
vary between Eclipse installations. I think they should be deleted
from SVN. The .project and .classpath files may also vary, but are
less of a problem.

There are 11 jars in SVN demos/lib directory which are not in the
source or binary archives, viz. the flex, gdata and groovy jars. What
are the licenses for those? They aren't mentioned anywhere I could
find. Likewise the two jars in charts/lib.

Jars must not be stored in SVN unless the licence is suitable - see

http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html

The SVN branch also contains a classes directory - these should not
normally be stored in SVN. There does not appear to be any source for
the Product.class binary file.

The following source files/folders are present in SVN but missing from
the source archive:

charts\src\META-INF
charts\src\pivot\charts\skin
demos\src\pivot\demos\amf