http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/200904.mbox/browser

so there's no true resolution there
(b) Per http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html#transition-incubator,
this weighs on us less because we're an incubating project that had
these dependencies before we joined the ASF.

Bottom line:
We'll remove those dependencies from SVN altogether in the trunk (and
thus for all future releases) by migrating them to Google Code -- just
to make sure there's no ambiguity about what's ASF-compliant and
what's not.  But in the meantime, based on the two points above, this
shouldn't hold up the 1.1 release.

-T