>> p.s. on the trunk, we've just migrated the demos sub-project and the
>> JFreeChart provider off of the ASF repository for good
>
>Were they license incompatible?  I'd really like to have demos at the ASF,
>not just the core code.  But they should be demos that the project is
>willing to maintain.

The JFree project was not compatible. Some of the examples in the demos project
were compatible, but it would have been a larger effort to split this into
multiple projects. However, the tutorials project also contains a large number
of demos, and this will remain in the ASF repository (it has no external
dependencies). We will continue to maintain all three projects.