El vie, 17-04-2009 a las 16:22 -0700, Upayavira escribió:
> On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 10:48 +0800, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 11:07 PM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > As far as I know, putting a file in a publicly accessible SVN
> > > repository is considered as distribution too.
> >
> > No, I am very positive that this is not the case. Legal dilligence is
> > done on the release artifacts separately from SVN issues. Unlike
> > release artifacts, SVN are at times incomplete, incorrect and
> > inaccurate. "Tags" have no legal meaning whatsoever, and should not
> > even be part of the discussion.
> >
> > So, since we are looking at a "Release", please spare the SVN
> > discussion for later.
>
> Personally, I give a lot of weight to what Larry said on legal-discuss.

I'd have him clarify, as an example, if correcting an error by deleting
some resources in trunk/branches/tags would be enough, even if the
offending items are accesible from specific revisions, or else surgery
of the repository would be needed in those cases where we are doing
unlawful distribution.

But definitely in the legal* thread, not here :) Note also that unlawful
distribution is not the same as Releasing against our policies. For
instance, a LGPL artifact can be against our policies, but we are
legally entitled to distribute it, so "rewriting the past" might not
really be needed.

Regards
Santiago