Hi,

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 11:44 AM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/05/2009, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 10:43 PM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  > There are rather a lot of LICENSE and NOTICE files dotted around the
>>  > source archive.
>>
>> That's in anticipation of the future release model that Sling is
>>  targetting. Instead of a big bang release like this or the previous
>>  release, Sling is planning to start releasing individual components
>>  separately. Each of these components will then need their own
>>  licensing information. Currently Sling includes licensing metadata
>>  both on the top level and on component level.
>
> OK, but they need to be consistent.

AFAIK they are.

Note that in some components the LICENSE and NOTICE files for the
source code differ from those of the resulting binaries because of
embedded dependencies like Rhino. In such cases Sling typically
includes separate LICENSE and NOTICE files in
src/main/resources/META-INF (or a similar location) for inclusion in
the resulting binary artifact.

> I don't think it's OK to expect users to have to trawl through all the
> NOTICE and LICENSE files to find all the required information. IMO,
> the top-level L & N files need to relate to the entire contents.

Agreed, though I think it's OK if Sling fixes this for their next
release. Do you prefer that this release be redone to fix this?

BR,

Jukka Zitting