On May 12, 2009, at 3:09 PM, sebb wrote:

On 12/05/2009, Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@sun.com> wrote:

On May 12, 2009, at 2:08 PM, Brian Fox wrote:
Earlier, sebb wrote:

I don't think it's OK to expect users to have to trawl through all the
NOTICE and LICENSE files to find all the required information. IMO,
the top-level L & N files need to relate to the entire contents.

clr: we are in agreement.

Transitively or just for the first level dependencies?

Dependencies that are not *shipped* with the distribution are neither
NOTICEd nor LICENSEd in the distribution.

+1, that's what I meant; sorry I was not clearer.

clr: we are in agreement. It was clear to me.

Of course external dependencies - to first level at least - *ought* to
be documented to ensure the consumer knows what else is needed to use
the product, but they go elsewhere, e.g. in the README and/or on the
web-site.

clr: we are in agreement.

Craig

Craig L Russell