On 14/08/2009, Eric Evans <eev...@rackspace.com> wrote:
> The Cassandra community voted on and approved the release of Apache
>  Cassandra 0.4.0-beta1. We would now like to request the approval of the
>  Incubator PMC for this release.
>
>  Cassandra is a massively scalable, eventually consistent, distributed,
>  structured key-value store.
>
>  Podling Vote thread:
>  http://www.mail-archive.com/cassandra-...@incubator.apache.org/msg00639.html
>  0.4.0-beta1 artifacts: http://people.apache.org/~eevans

No zip archives.

>  SVN Tag:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cassandra/tags/cassandra-0.4.0-beta1

Lots of missing SVN properties, see CASSANDRA-368

The NOTICE file should not contain the line
"Developers and Contributors are listed in the project POM file"

It only mentions Groovy, yet the binary archive contains several other jars:

antlr-3.1.3.jar
apache-cassandra-incubating-0.4.0-beta1.jar
clhm-20090629.jar
commons-cli-1.1.jar
commons-collections-3.2.1.jar
commons-javaflow-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
commons-lang-2.4.jar
google-collect-1.0-rc1.jar
groovy-1.5.6.jar
high-scale-lib.jar
jline-0.9.94.jar
junit-4.6.jar
libthrift.jar
log4j-1.2.15.jar

The commons jars are OK, but surely the others need mentioning?
Is JUnit needed at run-time? If not, don't include it.

The different license files all need to be included in the top-level
LICENSE.txt file

No need to mention commons or other ASF jars, but the others should be
mentioned, e.g. add at the end:

x,y, and z are licensed under the AL 2.0, see above.

The license for X is here:
[Include license text]

Etc.