On 20/08/2009, Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 7:55 PM, Luciano Resende<luckbr1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Apache PhotArk will be a complete open source photo gallery
>  > application including a content repository for the images, a display
>  > piece, an access control layer, and upload capabilities. The idea is
>  > to have a rigid design for the content repository with a very flexible
>  > display piece. The images in the content repository will be protected
>  > with granular access control.
>  >
>  > We are getting a release vote out [1], aiming getting more exposure
>  > and attract more contributors to the community, and would appreciate
>  > if we could get some people helping us review the release artifacts as
>  > we are currently a very small community with only one mentor.
>  >

> We are looking for one more vote on the release, before we can request
>  IPMC approval. Anyone willing to review it ???

Sigs and hashes OK; tgz and zip agree with each other.

However, the source archive does not agree with the SVN tag - the
versions are different in various pom.xml files. Also there is no
DISCLAIMER in the source archive.

The distribution/src/main/release/bin/LICENSE file is also different
between SVN and the source archive. But I would not expect to find a
LICENSE file there anyway.

I'm not sure why there are additional copies of the NOTICE, LICENSE
etc files in the subdirectories; there should only be copies in the
top-level directory.

There's no DISCLAIMER in the binary archive.

Minor problems:

Builds OK using M2/Java 1.5, but there don't appear to be any tests run.

README and INSTALL mention April 2009 release.

The INSTALL file does not really explain how to install anything.

The POM file needs to specify the encoding to avoid warnings such as
the following:

[WARNING] File encoding has not been set, using platform encoding
Cp1252, i.e. build is platform dependent!
[WARNING] Using platform encoding (Cp1252 actually) to copy filtered
resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!

Not a release blocker, but worth fixing in SVN trunk:

svn ps svn:eol-style native DISCLAIMER
svn ps svn:eol-style native assets/DISCLAIMER
svn ps svn:eol-style native assets/LICENSE
svn ps svn:eol-style native assets/NOTICE
svn ps svn:eol-style native photark/DISCLAIMER
svn ps svn:eol-style native photark/LICENSE
svn ps svn:eol-style native photark/NOTICE
svn ps svn:eol-style native photark-webapp/DISCLAIMER
svn ps svn:eol-style native photark-webapp/LICENSE
svn ps svn:eol-style native photark-webapp/NOTICE

svn pd svn:executable photark/src/main/resources/index.gif
svn pd svn:executable photark/src/main/resources/index_on.gif
svn pd svn:executable photark/src/main/resources/next.gif
svn pd svn:executable photark/src/main/resources/next_disabled.gif
svn pd svn:executable photark/src/main/resources/next_on.gif
svn pd svn:executable photark/src/main/resources/prev.gif
svn pd svn:executable photark/src/main/resources/prev_disabled.gif
svn pd svn:executable photark/src/main/resources/prev_on.gif
svn pd svn:executable photark/src/main/resources/styles.css
svn pd svn:executable photark-webapp/src/main/webapp/index.gif
svn pd svn:executable photark-webapp/src/main/webapp/index_on.gif
svn pd svn:executable photark-webapp/src/main/webapp/next.gif
svn pd svn:executable photark-webapp/src/main/webapp/next_disabled.gif
svn pd svn:executable photark-webapp/src/main/webapp/next_on.gif
svn pd svn:executable photark-webapp/src/main/webapp/prev.gif
svn pd svn:executable photark-webapp/src/main/webapp/prev_disabled.gif
svn pd svn:executable photark-webapp/src/main/webapp/prev_on.gif
svn pd svn:executable photark-webapp/src/main/webapp/styles.css