Hello Kevan,

On Sep 4, 2009, at 6:48 , Kevan Miller wrote:

On Sep 3, 2009, at 1:23 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

Was a contact with Felix made prior to dropping the proposal here? I got the impression that wasn't the case, which I find surprising... If I am wrong,
what was the meat of such?

No. There were some internal sensitivities to the timing of the proposal (given the code donation and other rigamarole). Contacting the Felix PMC prior to proposal submission would have required additional approval... Perhaps could have been handled differently. However, in the end, I much prefer holding a public discussion rather than over a private@ list.

I agree with you that a private@ list discussion would not have been the best way, but I don't see why that discussion could not have happened on the dev@ list. Anyway, it's in the past now, we should look forward and look for ways help each other.

Greetings, Marcel