On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Steve Brannstrom <steveb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys ,
>
> First , I'm not sure this is the  correct place to ask this question.
> Since my problem is not specific to any project I felt I can get some
> advice from here. I have worked in J2EE from last 4 years and I like
> to contribute to some of the Incubator projects at ASF ( At the moment
> I have identified two such projects that I can contribute).
>
> I have went through some of the becoming committers guides . but still
> I have following problem.

Other then these guides, you might find interesting something we have
prepared in Tuscany while we were still in incubating with some
concrete scenarios that might help you get involved.

http://tuscany.apache.org/working-in-open-source.html

> 1. Assume I'm  contributing to   two projects and and If one project
> elected me as a committer then for other project do I have to elect
> again with members votes to get committer rights for second projects ?
> or any other procedure here ?

You earn committership per project. Also note that each project might
have different levels of requirements to earn committership.

> 2. What is the answer for my 1st question if these two projects come
> under same TLP or different unrelated TLPs ?

If you are a active committer in a Incubator project, you are going to
still be committer when the project graduates. In summary, you won't
loose what you have already earned trough meritocracy... in some
cases, when projects graduate to existing TLP, you might get access to
more areas of the SVN related to the TLP.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende