On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:28 AM, Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org> wrote:
> The binaries doesn't matter, Apache releases source code, licensed under
> Apache license v2.0. And we only distribute certain licensed dependencies.
>
> As Greg said, we need to provide solutions that does not force downstream
> users into the (L)GPL world. So, a project that requires these dependencies
> are a no-no. Optionality is key here.
>
> As for the virality of some licenses it is also important to ensure that it
> doesn't leak into Apache code bases. I don't think this is even close to be
> the case here.
>
> IMHO, this looks like a simple case and legal-discuss@ should be able to
> provide a definitive answer quickly.
>
> IIRC, redistributing the LGPL code would not be allowed.

These things all make sense and given that Neon (and the other
dependencies) are all optional then I do not think it should be an
issue.  The question I was asking, is why should it matter what the
default is?  The default only applies to someone that builds a binary
that includes both Neon and Serf.  The subversion project ought to be
able to decide which library is the appropriate default in this
situation.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard