Mark Phippard-3 wrote:

>>I gave counsel to the Eclipse Foundation and explained that they could
>>provide a fully functioning JavaHL library to users with only EPL
>>compatible code.  Basically, you just need to build without Neon, BDB
>>and libintl support.  Of the three, the only thing an Eclipse client
>>user needs is Neon, and Serf serves as a viable replacement.  I do not
>>know why they never chose to release a binary built this way.  I can
>>only assume that Igor and Polarion did not want to make these
>>binaries.

Mark, it’s not a problem to build JavaHL. But as you said, to make it EPL
compatible Eclipse should replace Neon by Serf or remove DAV libraries
completely. It’s not a solution. In the first case proper functionality
isn’t guaranteed (you and Michael Pilato are sceptic regarding Serf). Nobody
would like to use SVN client, which is “different” and migh have problems.
In the second case, SVN should work without DAV protocol, which isn’t
acceptable by majority of people.