On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 3:59 PM, C. Michael Pilato <cmpil...@collab.net> wrote:

> Subversion client and server that doesn't use a DAV layer at all.  The
> Subversion community has never released binaries -- ever -- not do we plan
> to.

That would a completely new philosophy for an Apache project, which always aimed
very heavily on distributions. It might either enforce to look at
legal aspects in a
different view - or lead to changing your philosophy. :-) Personally,
I don't see any
reason why things like creation of Windows binaries should be left to
outsiders. (Apart
from CollabNets business interests, which I wouldn't like to count.)

Just recently, we had a very active discussion regarding Maven where
the emphasis
was laid very heavily on the distributable archives (binary and
source) as the endorsed
result of the release/vote process.

Jochen

--
Germanys national anthem is the most boring in the world - how telling!