On 18/11/2009, Josh Thompson <josh_thomp...@ncsu.edu> wrote:

>  Incubator PMC,
>
>  The Apache VCL community voted on and approved a proposal to release Apache
>  VCL 2.1.  We would like to request the endorsement of the Incubator PMC to
>  publish this release.
>
>  The release artifact, sums, and GPG signature can be found here:
>  http://people.apache.org/~jfthomps/apache-VCL-2.1-RC2-incubating/

There is only a "bz2" archive.
Normally projects release archives in zip andr tar.gz format which are
more commonly supported.

IMO, this is a release blocker, but it should be trivial to fix.

The hashes and sig are OK.

>  SVN tag from which artifact was exported:
>  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/vcl/tags/release-2.1-RC2/

Contents of release tag agree with contents of archive (once different
EOLs are taken into account)

As far as I can tell, there are no build files and no test scripts.
Nor is there any documentation describing how to create the release archive(s).

I realise that the code is all in the form of scripts, but it would be
useful to have at least some tests that can be done without installing
everything.