On 12/11/09 1:14 AM, Donald Woods wrote:
I would like to present an incubator proposal for a new Validation
podling, which would be a JSR-303 Bean Validation follow-on to the
existing Apache Commons Validation 1.x project, but based on a new
incoming codebase with a software grant from Agimatec GmbH.

The proposal is available on the wiki at:

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ValidationProposal

The proposal looks fine on paper, but I'll agree with some of the other comments that it seems a bit silly to incubate this as a disjoint project.

If you have 3 capable and able mentors *and* a whole bunch of people that are already committers, why can't they mentor your one or two new committers while those people are constrained to their specific sandbox, and avoid tons of bureaucracy and overhead?

I have no real idea why anyone would think that "doing incubation" looks like it'll have a better chance of success in this case.

Put another way - what does "doing incubation" buy you, and why is it seen as a better option?

Can you please reconsider and see if you can do this as an ip clearance only?

If it helps I can hop on a mailing list and object to some objections? :-D

ciao...

- Leo