On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:51:35 -0500
Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'm open to suggestions.... BeanValidation, OpenValidation, Validera, ...

Any of those work for me, though OpenValidation has a hint of the
same problem.  BeanValidation might be ideal, and scans better than,
say JSR303-Validation :)

I'm looking at it from a perspective of not polluting global namespace.
Someone who's never heard of it (or even Java beans) might be looking
for validation of their own process of interest, whether it be in a
computing field (HTML validation, signature validation, ...)
or somewhere completely different (Tax return validation,
Fire Safety Compliance Validation ...).  A project called "Validation"
will turn up when they google - especially if someone's successive blog
entries are about "[this] Validation" and "my tax return".  So the name
should carry some hint about it.

--
Nick Kew