On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 9:35 PM, Kore Nordmann <m...@kore-nordmann.de> wrote:

> The IP clearance form [1] defines that the code is transferred using a
> "canocical tarball". Does that mean, we will loose the full version
> history for the project? Or would it be possible to package a SVN-export
> as a tarball for example, and transfer this?

Don't worry. If you can produce the svn export, then infra here will
take that and preserve your history. Remember, Subversion itself has
the longest running history, and it just completed Incubation ;-) I
think they would have had the same issue.

The point in the docs is that there is a signable 'blob' which can go
into our records of "what arrived" for historical/investigation
purposes down the line.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer