On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 12:41 PM, David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to propose the Deltacloud API[1] for addition to the Apache
> incubator.

Awesome!

> I have added the initial proposal to the Wiki[2]; it is also included
> below for convenience.
>
> There are a few additional people that have expressed interest in
> becoming initial committers; I am waiting for their express consent to
> list them as committers, and will add them to the Wiki as I get that.
>
> We are looking forward to any and all feedback and/or questions on the
> proposal. We already have two mentors, but would very much welcome
> additional volunteers to help steer Deltacloud through the incubation
> process.

I think Deltacloud can stand on its own, and for purposes of the
voting into the Incubator, should ignore the existing libcloud
project.

Libcloud however is getting closer to being able to Graduate.
(hopefully in may/june?).

I think it does raise the question, should libcloud graduate to a new
TLP, with a more generic task or providing "cross cloud" APIs and
libraries.

Libcloud is already moving a little beyond just APIs, with the current
discussions around a portable image format, and beyond just python
with another discussion of a possible Java port of the library.

Deltacloud does have some overlap in comitter-ship too, and I think
fundamentally both communities share very similar interests, even if
the implementations are different languages.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Paul