On 23/05/2010, Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Some of them barely mention Apache and the Incubator:
>

> > http://incubator.apache.org/shiro/
>
>  No disrespect, but I find this example unfounded.  If you go to that
>  website, you see a _huge_ font (and a feather) that leaves absolutely
>  no room for interpretation that we're an Apache project.  We have
>  links back to Apache on our main nav bar.  We use the words "Apache
>  Shiro" together everywhere.

No quarrel with that.

My list included those that did not have *both* Apache and Incubator -
I see now that that was not clear.

>  We reference the Incubator and that we're
>  an incubator project in many places all over our website, especially
>  in the most obvious pages (download, etc).

But not on the home page, and the mention on the download page is
extremely brief.

I could not find a link back to the Incubator site.

>  Also, I certainly don't feel it should ever be an actual requirement
>  to include the feather in a logo - communities should be free to
>  choose whatever they like.  Attribution to Apache and the Incubator
>  should be more than enough.

I did not intend to suggest that all logos should contain the feather,
but that the ASF feather logo and/or the Incubator logo should appear
on the main pages at least.