On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 6:20 PM, Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Let me repeat: where does it say a TLP must be "at least THIS size" ?
>
> Answer: nowhere.
>
> Small projects are just fine. We're looking at the overall community
> and the people to shepherd that community. Those are the RAT
> developers and users. Not the Apache Commons or Apache Maven people.
> They have other concerns and focus points.
>
> TLPs are not "expensive", so they don't have to have a "minimum size"
> to justify their existence.

The real point though is not size - its *activity*. Take a look at the
recent vote for the RAT 0.7 release on the RAT dev list[1] - it only
managed to get 3 vote. I know commit stats are not everything but of
the 7 people who have committed on RAT trunk in the past year only 3
are in double figures. My concern is if RAT goes TLP then it may be a
small step away from not being able to get 3 PMC votes.

Niall

[1] http://markmail.org/message/yoaxt3yeo2gb23rg