----- Original Message ----

Let's not conflate release votes with committer votes.  I'm not challenging
IPMC process on releases at this point.  I'm challenging the idea that allowing
subprojects to vote in new committers all by themselves is somehow taboo
in this org, because that does not match my experience with httpd, and
it certainly wasn't how jakarta operated prior to the restructuring.

> > The fact that committers have no legal standing in this org  means there is
> > no reason a "decision" made about them needs formal  approval by a PMC.
> > Your reading of the corporate structure of this org  is needlessly formal.
>
> Giving them commit access has been deemed an action  requiring a vote of the
> PMC.  And sometimes the job description of a PMC  Chair is

Are you referring to a board resolution, or just some passed down wisdom
that you have received?