On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 08:47, James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> I haven't followed this particular issue because it seems like a
> slamdunk easy thing. If the podling wants to change their name, then
> fine. Sounds easy enough. I would see no reason for anybody outside
> the podling to -1 that choice, and might even say that I'd be upset if
> they did...

Sure, the podling can change the name and it can be completely dealt
with an internal matter. However, in this case, the name change was
put up for a procedural/opinion vote on the incubator general list. As
such, I might be upset if people are criticized for giving "the wrong
vote". Most non-positive votes in the thread are non-binding so the
project can ignore them if they like, but if you don't want the
opinion, don't put it up for a vote.

Kalle