> Does any other podling use git-only workflow.

No ASF project is permitted to use git-only.  And the typical git workflow is
part of the problem.  We strongly believe in a single, central, repository as
part of the process of community building.  The git model is better suited to
disparate groups partially sharing a codebase.

Fundamentally, we WANT people working in a central, shared, repository.

If/when the ASF allows git as a technology, you can expect that the workflow
will be an ASF workflow.  And once Greg gets offline commmit working with SVN,
I suspect that it will be harder to push for git.

        --- Noel