Hmm, to be honest, I don't see this argument. Because you can also use a
centralised model with GIT.

Also, the main benefit of GIT is not only that you can do offline commits, but
mostly that it's sooo much easier to merge!
I had a merge hell with my colleague in the company this week. He kept a SVN
feature branch for only one week and merging his feature branch into the trunk
(team with 10 developers) did cost us a whole day...

The reason is that SVN applies an end to end diff while git aims to merge by
walking the commit tree of the branch and applying each commit separately.

GIT even supports signing off commits. So each committer who pushes to the
central repo 'signs' that the contribution is ASL licensed.

LieGrue,
stru