On 6 January 2011 20:06, Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since this is a release candidate, and the release has not yet been
> signed off, the tag has not yet been created.  There is, however, a
> release branch, from which the release candidates get built.  When the
> sign off occurs, the tag will be created from that branch.

I see. I assume you are referring to:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lcf/branches/release-0.1-branch/

==

Another way to do this is to create a tag (with an RCn suffix) and
built the RC from that.

If the RC succeeds, rename the tag to remove the RCn suffix.

If the RC fails, fix the code, create RCn+1 and repeat.
The RCn tag can be deleted later when the release has been made or abandoned.

That way, there is a fixed tag that is used to create the RC which
reviewers can also use.

The RCn tags are also useful for reviewers to be able to quickly check
exactly what has changed between RCs.